Friday 19 March 2010

Vinegar and Brown Paper.


Hurrah! The long awaited perfect satchel arrived just in time for my lecture at the weekend. It came wrapped in brown parcel paper tied with string, which made it really exciting to open, like getting a rations package or a new knitted jumper from your great aunt you haven't seen in years. I am delighted to inform you that it is exactly what I hoped it would be. I think its going to get even better with wear. To me leather always looks better cracked and aged, it gives it character and shows it's been loved in a way fake leather can never achieve. The 14" was the ideal size, it holds all my A4 size books but isn't too bulky against my child-like stature. I debated for ages whether or not to get it embossed and in the end went for it. I chose to have it blindly embossed though so it isn't too showy or obvious.


The only thing I'm left thinking about now is what to put in the slide viewer on the front. I'm thinking maybe a small photograph or pattern but nothing I've found so far has looked right. It looks a little bare empty doesn't it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Just wanted to say how AMAZING this bag is. I'm so super jealous...

    Had a look 'round your blog and I think you should definitely come to Japan at some point. You would love it here.

    Hope you're both well. x

    ReplyDelete