Saturday 6 March 2010

The Perfect Satchel.

Asos Tuck Lock Satchel

Mulberry Alexa
Clarks Temple Beam Bag
Topshop Leather Buckle Satchel

For about six months now I have been looking for the perfect satchel. I didn't want it for fashion purposes but as a bag large and sturdy enough to keep all of my weighty coursework books in when I go to lectures. I also wanted something to keep my camera in when out and about that wasn't one of those hideous polyester camera bags that scream 'There's an expense camera in here!' I initially tried ebay but everything was either to expense or not great quality, and to be honest I don't really trust ebay. I always think you have to know exactly what you want otherwise you can end up really disappointed. Next I tried fashion websites such as asos, Topshop and even Clarks (at least you'd be guaranteed quality) but nothing really matched up to what I wanted except for the Mulberry Alexa; which at £795 was a tad over what I was looking to pay.

Then while endlessly googling satchel sites I found The Cambridge Satchel company. They make the satchels that kids used to wear to school in the 40's and great leather sheet music bags. It was pretty much exactly what I wanted. They are leather, simple and come in a lot of colours and sizes. I've plumped for the 14" vintage brown leather satchel. Even better is the embossing service they offer, so this week I can expect a very exciting delivery which will literally have my name on it.

The Cambridge Satchel Company 14" satchel.

No comments:

Post a Comment