Thursday 18 March 2010

Dining Out.




   
Last week after an aborted cinema trip and a half hearted attempt to go see a band, we settled on a decadent gourmet meal in the local supermarket cafe. It turned out fish, chips and beans with milky tea was just the ticket, espicially when followed with a drumstick lolly and refresher bar. Sometimes the most random evenings can turn out to be the best ones, plus it isn't very often you can get a two course meal for under a fiver.

  I kind of love tacky cafeterias with seats bolted to the gound and food on yellow plastic trays. I don't really know why, maybe it's because they always seem to be the setting for exciting rendezvous in movies, or maybe its because theres no pretention. Everyone there is just their everyday self. Also the people watching is incredible.

  I meant to post these pictures over the weekend but it turned out to be a really busy one. I had a course lecture on Saturday which also turned into an impromptu shopping trip (which I will post about tomorrow). The most interesting part of the day however, turned out to be the train trip home which due to the vast amount of Saturday shoppers meant I had to sit next to the chattiest man in existence. Its not that I don't like chatting to people, but after a four hour lecture (which, to be honest went no where) I was looking forward to quietly reading my book. Anyway, it transpired this chap was the most knowledgeable person regarding literature I have ever met. So an hour later I came away with a great deal of infomation on Barak Obama's autobiography, a list of books he thought I should invest in and a new copy of E.M Forster's A Room with a View. I think I might make a start on it over the weekend if my ever increasing cold doesn't let up.

  I think its time for my 'I'm poorly' cardigan and a large cup of honey, lemon and ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment