Saturday 20 February 2010

Hocus Crocus.




Its a lovely, sunny, snowy, bright and freezing day. It made me think about this dress. I bought it about 8 years ago from The Real McCoy vintage shop, I think it was about £35 which seems pretty cheap now. It didn't then. I was initially going to wear it to my prom but then for some unknown reason I didn't (the dress I did wear pales in comparison, believe me) and its been sitting in my wardrobe, unused, ever since. Last year it was resurrected however, for use in a short film I was in. It's really beautiful and it fits perfectly, the cut of the back looks really special and the fabric is the ideal weight. I have dreams of wearing it in the summer walking through meadows, or to a garden party. I know neither of these will ever happen, as its totally impractical for walking in and no one holds garden party's since we are no longer in the 1930's. I keep thinking about shortening it but I think it would be a shame to cut up something so old and it might loose some of its magic.
If you want to see the short film look here, there is some other pretty special stuff too.

P.s I got these shoes and not the Hasbeens.

No comments:

Post a Comment