Sunday 14 February 2010

The First Days of Spring.




The last week or so Spring has started to arrive, though its still been really cold the Snowdrop and Crocus's have begun to come out. I think spring is my favourite season, its like everything is waking up ready for summer and there is more colour in the world without the over saturation and yellow heat (or muggy rain) of summer. This in turn makes me want to wear more colourful clothes to keep up with the season. I have been looking for a dress which is a really delicate floral print without being to floaty or modern, and the I think the dress above fits the brief perfectly. I'm looking forward to wearing it with a long battered cardigan and my new clogs, hopefully I wont look dutch. I do like tulips though.

Its been a very busy week for me so I'm looking forward to the extra weekend I have on Monday and Tuesday, I plan to catch up on my book reading, maybe dye my hair and hopefully take some new blog pictures if the weather holds out.
I'm also going to finally order myself a pair of Swedish Hasbeens super highs which I've been desiring for the last few weeks.


I also have an essay to write this week on A Midsummers Night Dream which I really reccommend giving a read. Shakespere has always seemed quite scary to me but this play has really changed my opinion. For something written in the 15oo's it still comes across as being very contempory and actaully quite funny. If nothing else the film is worth a watch just for the great costumes of both the fairies and human characters.

1 comment:

  1. love, love, love, love the photo's and the shoesssss you have to get them! blogs looking awesomeeeeeeee xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete