Thursday 18 February 2010

Ahoy!





Dress: Vintage, with buttons added by moi.
Knackered Cardigan: Topshop.
Tights: Topshop
Shoes: Vintage, from a Shop in Bristol (can't remember the name).
Coat: Very old Topshop.
Hat: M+S
Bird Necklace: Accessorize.

It rained a lot when we took these photos, it was also mighty cold. They are taken on the quay wall in Clovelly and at the huge Court house. I'm not really sure if I'm allowed to stand there but never mind. This is my favourite ever dress, I think it cost about £15 and had broken buttons when I got it, which I replaced with the bright red ones. I'm now thinking of changing these for blue or gold ones, mainly because a couple of days ago I stood on one of them when the dress was on the floor and broke it. Serves me right for leaving it lying around. Nautical is going to big again this spring/summer (isn't it every year?) and in light of this I got myself a lovely little sailor style top on Saturday when I went to my Shakespeare lecture. The back of the collar looks really fantastic when you pull it out over a cardigan or dress.


I would normally wear it with jeans but I'm really bored of the leg wear most of the country's population live in. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with jeans (I have many, many pairs), I'm just saying that I am bored of wearing them. I find it really difficult to make them look interesting and I nearly always end up wearing them with flat shoes because pairing them with heels just seems to negate the comfort factor. I'm going to keep my eye out for more interesting styles/colours etc but being short in stature I don't hold out much hope. I think it might be time to move into the world of skirts and the many possibilities they hold. Maybe a nice red prom one??

No comments:

Post a Comment