Tuesday 16 February 2010

On the Street Where You Live





The village I live in (Clovelly, incase you intersted) is totally unique. The streets are cobbled, you pull your shopping down on a sledge and you can't even have a satellite dish on your house without permission. All of this is brilliant. It makes me feel good to think that places untouched by the modern world still exist.
In the summer there is nothing better then swimming off the large stone quay and walking along the coast path through the woods to Mouth Mill beach, where if your lucky you'll be totally alone except for the seagulls and phesants.


Of course there are car parks and about a million tourists in the summer holidays, but during the winter the silence and desolate streets make it magical, as well as perfect for photos.
There are times when I wish we had a cash point or even a shop that sells more then pasties, ice creams and donkey models (we have a lot of donkeys) but I will mourn the day a Tesco Metro opens and they install a chair lift down the really steep street.

In other news The new Alexa Chung collection for American brand Madewell debuted yesterday and it looks great! I pretty much want eveything, even the stuff that would look ridiciulous on me such as the long skirt and velvet shorts (I have very mixed views on velvet), shame its only avalibable in America, but then I guess if it was over here there would be about a million Alexa wannabes running around and it would be like Kate Moss for Topshop all over again. I can't work out if thats a bad thing or not? Surely Better Kate and Alexa then Coleen and Jordan?



Photos from: What I Need Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment