Friday 9 April 2010

Call Me.







Does anybody actually use Telephone boxes anymore? This one didn't even accept money. There is something very appealing about an old, red Telephone box. Before the phone box turned into the haunt of the heroin addict and homeless they had a real old school Movie charm. The phone box brings about thoughts of  making  heartfelt calls to someone you love only to hear the pips at the vital moment, or taking shelter inside on a cold, stormy, night when your Nash Statesman has broken down and there is no one in sight to turn too.

 As a child I remember my Aunt having one of the proper red phone boxes in her garden and it always fascinated me, I never remember it working but I still liked to go in there and make fake phone calls relaying very urgent made-up news. There is something so regal and self important about them, like a beacon of safety and reassurance when your in doubt.

 I found the ring I'm wearing in a charity shop last week for £1. The little gloved hand on it is really unusual and has thus far divided opinion. Personally, I love it. I think there is something kind of funny about wearing a tiny hand on your own hand.




Dress: Topshop
Jacket: New Look
Ring: Charity Shop
Clutch: Vintage
Shoes: New Look. 

Inspiration:

                                Nash Statsman 1955

                                Cindy Sherman Untitled Film Still No.48























Christopher Kane SS10.

No comments:

Post a Comment