Thursday 21 January 2010

Land Girl


Chloe ss10

Land girls at work

A 1940's Wartime wedding

The women of Paris during the occupation

I'm currently really into the functional and prim dressing of the nineteen-forty's, I love the nipped in waists of trousers and the use of natural colours. The utility style of the clothing seems to be perfectly balanced by extremely feminine accessories such as the large bows and headscarves, it makes me long for long dark lustreus hair. There is something about Land girls I find really appealing, the masculine outfits with perfectly quaffed pin curls seems to be the perfect combination. When I saw the Chloe Spring/Summer collection it really reminded me of the Land girl uniform but softer and more wearable. The socks are a particularly nice touch, though I'm still searching for the perfect pair of high waisted wool trousers to wear with a patterned head scarf and newly brunette hair.
The picture of the women of Paris during the German occupation is marvelous don't you think? Even throughout the height of the war they still remain the pure definition of glamour. I particularly want a pair of those sunglasses but may have to settle for these instead. It all brings back memory's of Inglouious Basterds and 'Allo 'Allo! but more politically correct. 'Good moaning.'

No comments:

Post a Comment