Wednesday 13 January 2010

In the land of Oz,





The thaw has begun which makes everything look saturated, not just in water but also light. The sun has finally broken through the previous weeks vast gray sky. I've taken advantage of this sudden surge of and slight warmth and been for a long walk (wellies were compulsory).
Along with the typical beauty of the sunlight in the trees I also found a man-made beauty: The mug on the wall by the car park.
I like the thought that in the cold, dark morning someone couldn't bare to part with their warm cup of tea on the long meander up the cobbled street to the car. I was really tempted to take the mug as a memento (its a good mug!) but the thought of that person returning after a long day to find their beloved'ed mug gone made me feel bad so I left it to be claimed. I may go back tomorrow to see if its still there though.

p.s I apolgise for picture quality, I only had my phone as the camera was at home charging.

No comments:

Post a Comment